Thursday, December 25, 2014

Equip Review, Accessory, SpinClean Record Cleaning Machine

Last Published 2014-09-09, for www.RichsRecordEmporium.com Collinsville, IL

Below is a quick review I did for a couple of Audio / Record Stores in the past, about the "SpinClean" and I cannot emphasis enough how important record cleaning and preservation is.  If you're like me, and you care about the condition of the records you own, you should get yourself a record cleaning machine of some kind. Many are motorized and much pricier.  One of my favorites of this variety is the SOTA, but whether its motorized or manual, they achieve the same thing. They remove all that crap in the grooves that if left there is only adding wear and noise to the record every time you play it, and causing micro damage to the grooves, forever loosing the fine musical detail there within. It's surprising to me also how many have not realized that "most records" are "limited editions", as many of the greatest artists of all time have expired, and you only get "so many times" you can use the original tapes to produce "new copies".  So if nothing else, consider yourselves the "stewards" in charge of preserving an art form which is both precious and scarce, and getting scarcer as time passes.    

Vinyl Record Cleaning Accessory
The “SpinClean” Record Cleaning Machine
Just got these in, and I cannot believe how effective they are. I have the usual assortment of items that remove dust and static from a record on the turntable, but this thing is sooooo much more effective that it’s almost UNBELIEVABLE! I mean, let’s take the average record in my collection which I’m thinking is clean, because 1. Can’t see anything on it now that I’ve brushed it, and 2. all the pop’s, clicks, and static must be from the tiny scratches and smudges I can’t really see, right? NOT!!! Even my “thought they were already clean” records were DRAMATICALLY improved after running them through the spin clean. Playing them sounded silky smooth, with complete silence apart from the music itself. Even records I thought were worn out and almost unplayable, sounded like new again! From this day forward, when someone asks me what the single most effective way to improve their stereo is (if records are a source) it’s a good record cleaning machine, and this one in particular, is the CHEAPEST one I know of; $79.95 Includes everything!
Mark/Uptown Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment